Is Black Mold Growing In My Home
and Why Is It There?
Molds are part of the natural
environment. Mildew growing outdoors can appear on
many surfaces such as on firewood, logs, tree trunks, forest floors,
etc. Outdoors, mildew play a part in nature by breaking
down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but
indoors, black mold growth should be avoided. They reproduce by means
of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float
through outdoor and indoor air. It may begin growing indoors
when spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many
types of spores, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.
View a list
of all our house mold removal products
Can this cause health problems?
mold has the potential to cause health problems. Spores produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic
reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances
(mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching pores may cause
allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses
include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red
eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mildews are
common. They can be immediate or delayed. They can also
cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat,
and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly
reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on black mold and
health effects is ongoing. This provides a brief
overview; it does not describe all potential health effects related to
mold exposure. For more detailed information consult a health
professional. You may also wish to consult your state or local
Mildews can gradually destroy the things
they grow on. You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings,
save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling
moisture and eliminating mold growth.
How do I get rid of this problem?
It is impossible to get rid of all
mildew and spores indoors; some spores will be found floating
through the air and in house dust. The spores will not grow
if moisture is not present. Indoor growth can and should be
prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors. If
there is growth in your home, you must clean up the growth area and
fix the water problem. If you clean up the area, but don't fix
the water problem, then, most likely, the problem will come back.
Do ozone generators
work? Learn More
Ionizer Classic Industrial